Want to update your bathroom with a huge remodeling project? With a few simple updates you can change your old outdated bathroom to something more eye appealing. And the best part is you can do it all yourself with little to no cost!
Replacing a toilet seat
This is so simple and takes no time at all. If your toilet works just fine, but your toilet seat is outdated or worn out, a quick swap can really improve things. Start by removing the old seat by using a deep well socket to unscrew the bolt. A little WD-40 can help to loosen things up if needed. Line up the new toilet seat and bolt into place. And you are done!
Replace your shower head
Having a great shower head can make taking a shower a whole new experience. Find one that fits what you have been dreaming of, whether it’s one that creates a waterfall effect, or one with a hand held shower head. Typically replacing your shower head is as easy as unscrewing the old one and screwing on the new one! And for added benefit, pick one that saves on water.
Update your hardware
Updating your towel holders, soap dishes and toilet paper holder can really add a whole new look to a bathroom. Outdated hardware can make your bathroom look like it’s from the 1970s so pick new hardware that is modern and fits the overall look of the bathroom. Replacing hooks and towel holders is an easy DIY project as long as you know how. Many of these don’t have exposed screws, but they do have a tiny screw underneath each side that needs to be removed in order to lift off the wall mount.
Get new towels
And this includes bath mats, shower curtains and window curtains. Updating all these things can change the color scheme all together. Just make sure if you aren’t going to repaint that you pick colors and patterns that compliment the existing wall color. Bathrooms look best in neutral colors, or lighter shades of blues, greens and yellows.
Comments are closed.
Wellesley MA Real EstateWellesley, MA - $1,599,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:5 - Baths:2/17 hours agoWellesley, MA - $1,949,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/112 hours agoWellesley, MA - $866,000 - Single-Family - Contemporary, Cottage - Rooms:11 - Beds:5 - Baths:314 hours agoWellesley, MA - $1,499,999 - Single-Family - Colonial, Cottage, Multi-Level - Rooms:0 - Beds:4 - Baths:214 hours agoWellesley, MA - $3,500 - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:214 hours ago
Needham MA Real EstateNeedham, MA - $549,000 - Land - Acres:0.657 hours agoNeedham, MA - $2,599,000 - Single-Family - Other - Rooms:14 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/38 hours agoNeedham, MA - $749,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2Needham, MA - $1,499,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:12 - Beds:5 - Baths:5/1Needham, MA - $1,699,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:12 - Beds:5 - Baths:5/1
Weston MA Real EstateWeston, MA - $1,595,000 - Single-Family - Contemporary - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:4/17 hours agoWeston, MA - $4,800 - Rentals - - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/112 hours agoWeston, MA - $1,499,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:2/2Weston, MA - $2,350 - Rentals - - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:2Weston, MA - $1,195,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:5 - Baths:3
- Gubernatorial hopeful Avellone says he's only one with complete package in governor's race April 17, 2014From creating jobs to lowering health-care costs, Democratic gubernatorial candidate Joe Avellone emphasized on Wednesday he's the only candidate with the complete package to address the critical issues in Massachusetts. […]
- Questions about Wellesley override, senior center land purchase on May 20 ballot April 16, 2014Shall the town vote to approve the action of the representative town meeting whereby it was voted to acquire the property at 494 Washington Street? Yes Question 2 - Shall the Town of Wellesley be allowed to assess an additional $3,345,000 in real estate and personal property taxes for the purpose of funding public education and general government, ... (more) […]
- Parakeet found, Chihuahua mix lost in Wellesley April 15, 2014Wellesley animal control officer Sue Webb has put out the word that a young parakeet has been found in the Bates Elementary School area , while a Chihuahua mix that recently moved here from Tennessee has gone missing . […]
- Gubernatorial hopeful Avellone says he's only one with complete package in governor's race April 17, 2014
- Senior art exhibition opens in PCAC April 18, 2014Last Friday was the opening reception for the Senior B.A. and B.F.A. Exhibition as well as the M.F.A. Exhibition at the Museum of Art in the Paul Creative Arts Center, which was held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The event showcased the art of departing seniors and graduate students in the studio art program of the department of art and art history. […]
- Jack McGeorge stepping down as Needham Bank CEO, Whalen to take the reins in 2015 April 15, 2014Jack McGeorge will step down as CEO of Needham Bank next year and hand over the position to Mark Whalen , the bank's current president and chief operating officer. […]
- Westford board votes to ban cigarette sales to those younger than 21 April 15, 2014Starting June 1, only those 21 and older will be able to purchase a cigarette or electronic cigarette in town. […]
- Senior art exhibition opens in PCAC April 18, 2014
- Bedford Residents Named to Honor Roll at The Rivers School April 18, 2014WESTON, MA - The following students from Bedford were named to the honor roll at The Rivers School in Weston in recognition of their excellent academic performance during the winter term of this year: High Honors Jack L. Reid, Grade 11 Honors Aidan J. Byrne, Grade 9 Kate G. Knight, Grade 10 About The Rivers School The Rivers School is a ... (more) […]
- Natick Residents Named to Honor Roll at The Rivers School April 17, 2014WESTON, MA - The following students from Natick were named to the honor roll at The Rivers School in Weston in recognition of their excellent academic performance during the winter term of this year: High Honors Maria L. Burzillo, Grade 10 Erica B. Chalmers, Grade 12 Bryan J. Cleveland, Grade 11 Jenny Park, Grade 12 Elliot A. Ramirez, Grade 9 ... (more) […]
- Weston Will Get Help Fixing Potholes April 14, 2014Weston is getting $71,000 from the state to help pay for repairing potholes. Winter is gone, but her fury is still evident on roads across Massachusetts. […]
- Bedford Residents Named to Honor Roll at The Rivers School April 18, 2014