Want to update your bathroom with a huge remodeling project? With a few simple updates you can change your old outdated bathroom to something more eye appealing. And the best part is you can do it all yourself with little to no cost!
Replacing a toilet seat
This is so simple and takes no time at all. If your toilet works just fine, but your toilet seat is outdated or worn out, a quick swap can really improve things. Start by removing the old seat by using a deep well socket to unscrew the bolt. A little WD-40 can help to loosen things up if needed. Line up the new toilet seat and bolt into place. And you are done!
Replace your shower head
Having a great shower head can make taking a shower a whole new experience. Find one that fits what you have been dreaming of, whether it’s one that creates a waterfall effect, or one with a hand held shower head. Typically replacing your shower head is as easy as unscrewing the old one and screwing on the new one! And for added benefit, pick one that saves on water.
Update your hardware
Updating your towel holders, soap dishes and toilet paper holder can really add a whole new look to a bathroom. Outdated hardware can make your bathroom look like it’s from the 1970s so pick new hardware that is modern and fits the overall look of the bathroom. Replacing hooks and towel holders is an easy DIY project as long as you know how. Many of these don’t have exposed screws, but they do have a tiny screw underneath each side that needs to be removed in order to lift off the wall mount.
Get new towels
And this includes bath mats, shower curtains and window curtains. Updating all these things can change the color scheme all together. Just make sure if you aren’t going to repaint that you pick colors and patterns that compliment the existing wall color. Bathrooms look best in neutral colors, or lighter shades of blues, greens and yellows.
Comments are closed.
Wellesley MA Real EstateWellesley, MA - $5,000 - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/22 hours agoWellesley, MA - $1,777,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:5/1Wellesley, MA - $1,050,000 - Single-Family - Victorian - Rooms:10 - Beds:6 - Baths:2/1Wellesley, MA - $1,895,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/1Wellesley, MA - $2,495,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:5 - Baths:5/1
Needham MA Real EstateNeedham, MA - $750,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/16 hours agoNeedham, MA - $680,000 - Single-Family - Raised Ranch - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:28 hours agoNeedham, MA - $1,275,000 - Single-Family - Raised Ranch, Multi-Level - Rooms:12 - Beds:5 - Baths:311 hours agoNeedham, MA - $2,399,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:12 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/1Needham, MA - $2,349,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:15 - Beds:7 - Baths:5/2
Weston MA Real EstateWeston, MA - $1,488,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:34 hours agoWeston, MA - $2,395,000 - Single-Family - Colonial, Contemporary - Rooms:15 - Beds:5 - Baths:5/25 hours agoWeston, MA - $2,900 - Rentals - - Rooms:7 - Beds:2 - Baths:217 hours agoWeston, MA - $1,930,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/1Weston, MA - $4,195,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:14 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/2
- Wellesley override supporters, detractors organizing April 24, 2014Supporters of the Proposition 2.5 override question to appear on Wellesley's May 20 ballot have marshaled their forces and have set up a "Yes for Wellesley 2014" website in support of their cause . […]
- List of Candidates for Town-Wide Offices April 24, 2014The following information was submitted to the Milton Times by the candidates themselves at the request by the Times. […]
- Wellesley Historic District Commission seeks new member April 23, 2014The Board of Selectmen is seeking one candidate for a vacant position as a member on the Historic District Commission. […]
- Wellesley override supporters, detractors organizing April 24, 2014
- Average Needham Home Value Up $95K Since 2005 April 24, 2014The value of the average Needham home has increased about $95,000 since 2005. The Boston Globe reported Needham was one of just 22 communities in the Boston metro area that saw home values increase since the fall of 2005, right before the real estate bubble burst. […]
- Federal Home Loan Bank Members Selected for Community Support Review... April 23, 2014This notice also prescribes the deadline by which Bank members selected for review must submit Community Support Statements to FHFA. […]
- Needham Youth Services March RAY of Hope Recipient April 22, 2014March 2014 Recipient - Emma Findlay-Walters Emma is a senior at Needham High School. […]
- Average Needham Home Value Up $95K Since 2005 April 24, 2014
- Sudbury Firefighters Knock Down Large Brush Fire April 20, 2014Sudbury firefighters knocked down an extensive brush fire on Saturday night while also battling water access issues. […]
- Bedford Residents Named to Honor Roll at The Rivers School April 18, 2014WESTON, MA - The following students from Bedford were named to the honor roll at The Rivers School in Weston in recognition of their excellent academic performance during the winter term of this year: High Honors Jack L. Reid, Grade 11 Honors Aidan J. Byrne, Grade 9 Kate G. Knight, Grade 10 About The Rivers School The Rivers School is a ... (more) […]
- Natick Residents Named to Honor Roll at The Rivers School April 17, 2014WESTON, MA - The following students from Natick were named to the honor roll at The Rivers School in Weston in recognition of their excellent academic performance during the winter term of this year: High Honors Maria L. Burzillo, Grade 10 Erica B. Chalmers, Grade 12 Bryan J. Cleveland, Grade 11 Jenny Park, Grade 12 Elliot A. Ramirez, Grade 9 ... (more) […]
- Sudbury Firefighters Knock Down Large Brush Fire April 20, 2014