Want to update your bathroom with a huge remodeling project? With a few simple updates you can change your old outdated bathroom to something more eye appealing. And the best part is you can do it all yourself with little to no cost!
Replacing a toilet seat
This is so simple and takes no time at all. If your toilet works just fine, but your toilet seat is outdated or worn out, a quick swap can really improve things. Start by removing the old seat by using a deep well socket to unscrew the bolt. A little WD-40 can help to loosen things up if needed. Line up the new toilet seat and bolt into place. And you are done!
Replace your shower head
Having a great shower head can make taking a shower a whole new experience. Find one that fits what you have been dreaming of, whether it’s one that creates a waterfall effect, or one with a hand held shower head. Typically replacing your shower head is as easy as unscrewing the old one and screwing on the new one! And for added benefit, pick one that saves on water.
Update your hardware
Updating your towel holders, soap dishes and toilet paper holder can really add a whole new look to a bathroom. Outdated hardware can make your bathroom look like it’s from the 1970s so pick new hardware that is modern and fits the overall look of the bathroom. Replacing hooks and towel holders is an easy DIY project as long as you know how. Many of these don’t have exposed screws, but they do have a tiny screw underneath each side that needs to be removed in order to lift off the wall mount.
Get new towels
And this includes bath mats, shower curtains and window curtains. Updating all these things can change the color scheme all together. Just make sure if you aren’t going to repaint that you pick colors and patterns that compliment the existing wall color. Bathrooms look best in neutral colors, or lighter shades of blues, greens and yellows.
Comments are closed.
Wellesley MA Real EstateWellesley, MA - $999,000 - Single-Family - Raised Ranch - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/112 hours agoWellesley, MA - $2,750,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:13 - Beds:6 - Baths:6/217 hours agoWellesley, MA - $739,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1Wellesley, MA - $749,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Wellesley, MA - $1,450,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:2/1
Needham MA Real EstateNeedham, MA - $1,589,000 - Single-Family - Colonial, Contemporary - Rooms:12 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/18 hours agoNeedham, MA - $659,000 - Single-Family - Cape, Multi-Level - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:211 hours agoNeedham, MA - $839,000 - Single-Family - Other - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/112 hours agoNeedham, MA - $2,300 - Rentals - - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:112 hours agoNeedham, MA - $2,399,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:12 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/113 hours ago
Weston MA Real EstateWeston, MA - $299,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:3 - Beds:1 - Baths:112 hours agoWeston, MA - $5,650 - Rentals - - Rooms:8 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/117 hours agoWeston, MA - $3,400,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:12 - Beds:4 - Baths:5/2Weston, MA - $7,795,000 - Single-Family - Tudor - Rooms:25 - Beds:10 - Baths:5/4Weston, MA - $3,995,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:13 - Beds:6 - Baths:6/2
- Some great savings at Good sale July 31, 2014Good starts its semiannual sale tomorrow and will have select items marked down 50 percent. […]
- Pan-Mass riders to be in area July 31, 2014On Saturday and Sunday, up to 5,800 cyclists will ride through Middleboro and Lakeville in the 35th annual Pan-Mass Challenge . […]
- Police warn that Level 3 sex offender is attending college in Wellesley July 31, 2014The Wellesley Police Department has issued a notice that a convicted Level 3 sex offender is attending MassBay Community College. […]
- Some great savings at Good sale July 31, 2014
- PMC bicycle ride for cancer research hits 35 years July 30, 2014In this Aug. 7, 2010 file photo, bicycle riders leave Sturbridge, Mass., along U.S. Route 20 at the start of the Pan-Mass Challenge. […]
- Head for the Coast at Volante Farms July 25, 2014As part of the Dinner in the Field series, Volante Farms is hosting "Heading for the Coast" on Thursday, July 31, at 6 p.m. They are welcoming back favorite partner Island Creek Oysters and Truro Vineyards. […]
- WashU student charged with DWI, hit-and-run July 25, 2014A 22-year-old student at Washington University in St. Louis has been charged with assault and drunken driving in a hit-and-run that injured two classmates. […]
- PMC bicycle ride for cancer research hits 35 years July 30, 2014
- Booze-on-Demand Service Drizly Expands to Wayland July 11, 2014Drizly , an alcohol-on-demand service that bills itself as the " Amazon for alcohol," is now available in Wellesley. […]
- Pouring it on: Drizly to bring booze to Wellesley doorsteps July 10, 2014Not only are retailers like Fells Market and Roche Bros., gaining permission to sell beer and wine, and new restaurants like Juniper opening with bars , but now mobile app maker Drizly has begun making available the delivery of beer, wine and liquor to people in Wellesley . […]
- Framingham Not Ranked One of Commonwealth's Safest Communities July 8, 2014Framingham did not make the cut on a recent list of the 50 safest communities in Massachusetts. […]
- Booze-on-Demand Service Drizly Expands to Wayland July 11, 2014