Want to update your bathroom with a huge remodeling project? With a few simple updates you can change your old outdated bathroom to something more eye appealing. And the best part is you can do it all yourself with little to no cost!
Replacing a toilet seat
This is so simple and takes no time at all. If your toilet works just fine, but your toilet seat is outdated or worn out, a quick swap can really improve things. Start by removing the old seat by using a deep well socket to unscrew the bolt. A little WD-40 can help to loosen things up if needed. Line up the new toilet seat and bolt into place. And you are done!
Replace your shower head
Having a great shower head can make taking a shower a whole new experience. Find one that fits what you have been dreaming of, whether it’s one that creates a waterfall effect, or one with a hand held shower head. Typically replacing your shower head is as easy as unscrewing the old one and screwing on the new one! And for added benefit, pick one that saves on water.
Update your hardware
Updating your towel holders, soap dishes and toilet paper holder can really add a whole new look to a bathroom. Outdated hardware can make your bathroom look like it’s from the 1970s so pick new hardware that is modern and fits the overall look of the bathroom. Replacing hooks and towel holders is an easy DIY project as long as you know how. Many of these don’t have exposed screws, but they do have a tiny screw underneath each side that needs to be removed in order to lift off the wall mount.
Get new towels
And this includes bath mats, shower curtains and window curtains. Updating all these things can change the color scheme all together. Just make sure if you aren’t going to repaint that you pick colors and patterns that compliment the existing wall color. Bathrooms look best in neutral colors, or lighter shades of blues, greens and yellows.
Comments are closed.
Wellesley MA Real EstateWellesley, MA - $1,695,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/11 hour agoWellesley, MA - $1,995,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:6 - Baths:4/114 hours agoWellesley, MA - $679,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/114 hours agoWellesley, MA - $549,000 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:5 - Beds:1 - Baths:1Wellesley, MA - $3,950 - Rentals - - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1
Needham MA Real EstateNeedham, MA - $575,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:22 hours agoNeedham, MA - $625,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:29 hours agoNeedham, MA - $629,500 - Single-Family - Raised Ranch - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Needham, MA - $3,000 - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Needham, MA - $598,000 - Land - Acres:0.23
Weston MA Real EstateWeston, MA - $899,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:3/11 hour agoWeston, MA - $1,649,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:4/22 hours agoWeston, MA - $2,980,000 - Single-Family - - Rooms:12 - Beds:5 - Baths:5/212 hours agoWeston, MA - $1,650,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:11 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/1Weston, MA - $1,399,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:2/1
- Survey Says: Wellesley Ranked Among Top Ten Best Communities in MA July 23, 2014GoLocalWorcester this week announced its third annual Best Communities in Massachusetts List. […]
- Police chiefs blast Senate over gun provision July 22, 2014Top police officials from Boston and other Massachusetts communities today blasted the state Senate for watering down gun control legislation by stripping a provision aimed at keeping rifles and shotguns out of the hands of dangerous people. […]
- Non-stop North 40 action in Wellesley July 21, 2014While community gardeners and regular visitors to the North 40 continue to do their thing, the area is being discovered by more and more people in town as various organizations seek to boost awareness. […]
- Survey Says: Wellesley Ranked Among Top Ten Best Communities in MA July 23, 2014
- EH&E and Brigham and Women's Hospital win IFMA Excellence Award for advancing fire, life safety in construction practices July 23, 2014NEEDHAM, Mass. EH&E, a provider of environmental and engineering consulting services, has won the 2014 IFMA Boston Excellence Award for Best Practices in Sustainability for a joint project conducted with Brigham and Women's Hospital . […]
- Needham Named in List of 'Top Communities in Massachusetts' July 23, 2014GoLocalWorcester this week announced its third annual Best Communities in Massachusetts List. […]
- How Salus Capital landed $250 million Radio Shack deal July 21, 2014The Needham, Mass.-based specialty lender went out on a limb last year to make its biggest loan ever to Radio Shack , and now that the retailer is struggling to stay above water, Salus gets to grab headlines alongside industry heavyweights like GE Capital, and stands to be paid handsomely whether Radio Shack succeeds or fails. […]
- EH&E and Brigham and Women's Hospital win IFMA Excellence Award for advancing fire, life safety in construction practices July 23, 2014
- Booze-on-Demand Service Drizly Expands to Wayland July 11, 2014Drizly , an alcohol-on-demand service that bills itself as the " Amazon for alcohol," is now available in Wellesley. […]
- Pouring it on: Drizly to bring booze to Wellesley doorsteps July 10, 2014Not only are retailers like Fells Market and Roche Bros., gaining permission to sell beer and wine, and new restaurants like Juniper opening with bars , but now mobile app maker Drizly has begun making available the delivery of beer, wine and liquor to people in Wellesley . […]
- Framingham Not Ranked One of Commonwealth's Safest Communities July 8, 2014Framingham did not make the cut on a recent list of the 50 safest communities in Massachusetts. […]
- Booze-on-Demand Service Drizly Expands to Wayland July 11, 2014