Want to update your bathroom with a huge remodeling project? With a few simple updates you can change your old outdated bathroom to something more eye appealing. And the best part is you can do it all yourself with little to no cost!
Replacing a toilet seat
This is so simple and takes no time at all. If your toilet works just fine, but your toilet seat is outdated or worn out, a quick swap can really improve things. Start by removing the old seat by using a deep well socket to unscrew the bolt. A little WD-40 can help to loosen things up if needed. Line up the new toilet seat and bolt into place. And you are done!
Replace your shower head
Having a great shower head can make taking a shower a whole new experience. Find one that fits what you have been dreaming of, whether it’s one that creates a waterfall effect, or one with a hand held shower head. Typically replacing your shower head is as easy as unscrewing the old one and screwing on the new one! And for added benefit, pick one that saves on water.
Update your hardware
Updating your towel holders, soap dishes and toilet paper holder can really add a whole new look to a bathroom. Outdated hardware can make your bathroom look like it’s from the 1970s so pick new hardware that is modern and fits the overall look of the bathroom. Replacing hooks and towel holders is an easy DIY project as long as you know how. Many of these don’t have exposed screws, but they do have a tiny screw underneath each side that needs to be removed in order to lift off the wall mount.
Get new towels
And this includes bath mats, shower curtains and window curtains. Updating all these things can change the color scheme all together. Just make sure if you aren’t going to repaint that you pick colors and patterns that compliment the existing wall color. Bathrooms look best in neutral colors, or lighter shades of blues, greens and yellows.
Comments are closed.
Wellesley MA Real Estate
Needham MA Real EstateNeedham, MA - $850,000 - Commercial - Year Built:2009 - Acres:0.1112 hours agoNeedham, MA - $1,349,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:5 - Baths:5/1Needham, MA - $205,000 - Condo - Garden - Rooms:4 - Beds:1 - Baths:1Needham, MA - $1,600 - Commercial - Year Built:2013 - Acres:0
Weston MA Real Estate
- Miller Convertible Fund Capital Gains Estimates December 10, 2013The table also lists the share class, record date , ex-date and payable date. The information is sent to you for information purposes only and is an estimate of the rates and sources of the December capital gain distribution. […]
- Town Meeting Reps Tackle Liquor License Requests, Dunkin' Donuts Land Deal and More December 10, 2013Wellesley Town Meeting Representatives have a decent shot at finishing up their two special Town Meetings on Tuesday night after a first evening on Monday that did not see much controversy. […]
- LINX Donates Uniquely Decorated Christmas Trees to be Raffled Off in Festival of Trees Fundraiser December 10, 2013December 9, 2013 - For a fourth year, LINX, Wellesley's leading enrichment club for children and teens, has donated two uniquely decorated Christmas trees, to be raffled off during the Massachusetts Horticultural Society's 5th annual Festival of Trees. […]
- Miller Convertible Fund Capital Gains Estimates December 10, 2013
- Mantels & Mistletoe Designers Reception to be Held Tonight December 11, 2013Today will be mostly sunny with highs around 30. West winds will be 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. […]
- Partners Healthcare To Move Charlestown Jobs to Somerville But Not Just Now December 9, 2013When Partners Healthcare announced Thursday, Dec. 5, a plan to consolidate their entire administrative operation in a single site, it appeared workers at the health care's Schrafft Center operation would be packing up their holiday decorations for a long trip to their new "home." […]
- Medical Marijuana Zoning to be Discussed at Tuesday's Board of Selectmen Meeting December 9, 2013Monday: There is an 80 percent chance of sleet with rain, freezing rain and snow. […]
- Mantels & Mistletoe Designers Reception to be Held Tonight December 11, 2013
- Public Meeting to be Held Regarding Rosemary Pool Study December 5, 2013The Needham Park and Recreation Commission is hosting a public meeting on the Rosemary Pool study Monday, Dec. 9 at 7 p.m. The Needham Park and Recreation Commission and the Permanent Public Building Committee have been working on this study of the pool and surrounding property to see how the area could be better. […]
- Hollis Police seek help IDing woman suspected in check fraud December 5, 2013Police in several communities, including Hollis and Nashua, are looking for help identifying this woman, who allegedly cashed several checks illegally netting thousands of dollars. […]
- Thanksgiving Workout Raises $4,000 for Two Moms Battling Breast Cancer December 3, 2013Almost 90 people, raised more than $4,000 to help the families of Caryn Grozalsky and Jessica Ward, two MetroWest moms battling breast cancer, said Kristen Houlker of MetroWest Bootcamp in Framingham. […]
- Public Meeting to be Held Regarding Rosemary Pool Study December 5, 2013