Want to update your bathroom with a huge remodeling project? With a few simple updates you can change your old outdated bathroom to something more eye appealing. And the best part is you can do it all yourself with little to no cost!
Replacing a toilet seat
This is so simple and takes no time at all. If your toilet works just fine, but your toilet seat is outdated or worn out, a quick swap can really improve things. Start by removing the old seat by using a deep well socket to unscrew the bolt. A little WD-40 can help to loosen things up if needed. Line up the new toilet seat and bolt into place. And you are done!
Replace your shower head
Having a great shower head can make taking a shower a whole new experience. Find one that fits what you have been dreaming of, whether it’s one that creates a waterfall effect, or one with a hand held shower head. Typically replacing your shower head is as easy as unscrewing the old one and screwing on the new one! And for added benefit, pick one that saves on water.
Update your hardware
Updating your towel holders, soap dishes and toilet paper holder can really add a whole new look to a bathroom. Outdated hardware can make your bathroom look like it’s from the 1970s so pick new hardware that is modern and fits the overall look of the bathroom. Replacing hooks and towel holders is an easy DIY project as long as you know how. Many of these don’t have exposed screws, but they do have a tiny screw underneath each side that needs to be removed in order to lift off the wall mount.
Get new towels
And this includes bath mats, shower curtains and window curtains. Updating all these things can change the color scheme all together. Just make sure if you aren’t going to repaint that you pick colors and patterns that compliment the existing wall color. Bathrooms look best in neutral colors, or lighter shades of blues, greens and yellows.
Comments are closed.
Wellesley MA Real EstateWellesley, MA - $3,850 - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/11 hour agoWellesley, MA - $1,800 - Rentals - - Rooms:4 - Beds:1 - Baths:112 hours agoWellesley, MA - $439,000 - Single-Family - Bungalow - Rooms:6 - Beds:4 - Baths:1/113 hours agoWellesley, MA - $2,299,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/117 hours agoWellesley, MA - $1,375,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1
Needham MA Real EstateNeedham, MA - $3,495,000 - Single-Family - Colonial, Contemporary - Rooms:14 - Beds:5 - Baths:7/26 hours agoNeedham, MA - $819,000 - Single-Family - Tudor - Rooms:10 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1Needham, MA - $859,000 - Single-Family - Split Entry - Rooms:9 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1Needham, MA - $1,375,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/1Needham, MA - $709,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1
Weston MA Real EstateWeston, MA - $1,185,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/111 hours agoWeston, MA - $2,350,000 - Single-Family - Contemporary - Rooms:11 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Weston, MA - $1,599,000 - Single-Family - Contemporary - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/1Weston, MA - $2,795,000 - Land - Acres:3.67Weston, MA - $2,795,000 - Single-Family - - Rooms:14 - Beds:8 - Baths:5/1
- Wellesley High student athletes honored by Boston Globe August 28, 2014Wellesley won 69.50 percent of its games and earned its first Globe Scholastic Award, taking Ames Division 2. The award was one of 10 the Globe presented in the 42d year of its Scholastic Awards. […]
- Wellesley Ranks 6th in Boston Magazine's Best Schools List August 27, 2014Boston Magazine, using a formula of test scores, graduation rates, student-to-teacher ratios and other data, published its 50 best public schools in Greater Boston list. […]
- Mobile payments firm Paydiant opens new HQ in Newton August 27, 2014Paydiant , a mobile payments tech firm, has moved its approximately 75 employees into a new 18,000-square-foot headquarters at 275 Grove St. in Newton's Riverside Center, which is twice the size of its previous Wellesley location. […]
- Wellesley High student athletes honored by Boston Globe August 28, 2014
- Westborough Businessman helping organize benefit for hospice August 30, 2014A Westborough businessman is part of the group behind a benefit marking the 20th anniversary of the Stanley R. Tippett Hospice Home Friday, Sept. […]
- Grand Opening for New Cancer Center and Surgical Pavilion August 26, 2014A public grand-opening celebration for the new Beth Israel Deaconess Cancer Center and Surgical Pavilion will take place at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham on Sept. […]
- The Charles River Center 4th Annual 5K Road Race and 1-Mile Walk August 26, 2014This USA Track and Field-certified course begins at The Charles River Center at 59 East Militia Heights Drive and loops through the scenic back roads of Needham and Wellesley . […]
- Westborough Businessman helping organize benefit for hospice August 30, 2014
- Weston Resident Named to Catholic Schools Foundation Board August 26, 2014Weston resident Natalie Sanders, a private investor and active supporter of education for more than 30 years, has been named to the board of trustees for the Catholic Schools Foundation . […]
- A very special edition of WellesleyWeston Magazine August 25, 2014I've got a piece in the fall issue of WellesleyWeston Magazine about the mobile app developers of Wellesley and Weston. […]
- Weston Resident Named to Catholic Schools Foundation Board August 26, 2014