Want to update your bathroom with a huge remodeling project? With a few simple updates you can change your old outdated bathroom to something more eye appealing. And the best part is you can do it all yourself with little to no cost!
Replacing a toilet seat
This is so simple and takes no time at all. If your toilet works just fine, but your toilet seat is outdated or worn out, a quick swap can really improve things. Start by removing the old seat by using a deep well socket to unscrew the bolt. A little WD-40 can help to loosen things up if needed. Line up the new toilet seat and bolt into place. And you are done!
Replace your shower head
Having a great shower head can make taking a shower a whole new experience. Find one that fits what you have been dreaming of, whether it’s one that creates a waterfall effect, or one with a hand held shower head. Typically replacing your shower head is as easy as unscrewing the old one and screwing on the new one! And for added benefit, pick one that saves on water.
Update your hardware
Updating your towel holders, soap dishes and toilet paper holder can really add a whole new look to a bathroom. Outdated hardware can make your bathroom look like it’s from the 1970s so pick new hardware that is modern and fits the overall look of the bathroom. Replacing hooks and towel holders is an easy DIY project as long as you know how. Many of these don’t have exposed screws, but they do have a tiny screw underneath each side that needs to be removed in order to lift off the wall mount.
Get new towels
And this includes bath mats, shower curtains and window curtains. Updating all these things can change the color scheme all together. Just make sure if you aren’t going to repaint that you pick colors and patterns that compliment the existing wall color. Bathrooms look best in neutral colors, or lighter shades of blues, greens and yellows.
Comments are closed.
Wellesley MA Real EstateWellesley, MA - $2,325,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:13 - Beds:6 - Baths:7/22 hours agoWellesley, MA - $1,575,000 - Single-Family - Colonial, Garrison - Rooms:11 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/13 hours agoWellesley, MA - $1,288,888 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/15 hours agoWellesley, MA - $1,795,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:6 - Baths:4/15 hours agoWellesley, MA - $500 - Commercial - Year Built:1900 - Acres:07 hours ago
Needham MA Real EstateNeedham, MA - $200 - Commercial - Year Built:9999 - Acres:01 hour agoNeedham, MA - $1,349,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/13 hours agoNeedham, MA - $1,449,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:6 - Baths:5/14 hours agoNeedham, MA - $1,549,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/16 hours agoNeedham, MA - $1,099,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/1
Weston MA Real EstateWeston, MA - $1,499,900 - Single-Family - Colonial, Contemporary - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:4/14 hours agoWeston, MA - $699,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:4/25 hours agoWeston, MA - $959,000 - Single-Family - Bungalow - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/116 hours agoWeston, MA - $6,500 - Rentals - - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:4/1Weston, MA - $1,185,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/1
- Fall Exhibitions and Programs at the Davis Museum at Wellesley College September 2, 2014The Davis Museum at Wellesley College presents six new exhibitions this fall. New View: 2014 Faculty Exhibition; Feast Your Eyes; Sigalit Landau: DeadSee and Michael Craig-Martin: Art&Design will be on view Sept. […]
- 3 colleges say they're owed $17m in tax credits September 2, 2014A trio of colleges and universities is suing the Massachusetts Department of Revenue, claiming the state agency unfairly denied them millions of dollars in tax credits for environmental cleanup work done on contaminated properties. […]
- Wellesley Fuller Brook Park work gets serious August 30, 2014Wellesley has announced that the section of Fuller Brook Park between Forest Street and Paine Street will be closed from Sept. […]
- Fall Exhibitions and Programs at the Davis Museum at Wellesley College September 2, 2014
- Painting your house an unusual color August 30, 2014Certain bold homeowners don't cringe when they look at the rows and rows of paint chips at the hardware store. […]
- Westborough Businessman helping organize benefit for hospice August 30, 2014A Westborough businessman is part of the group behind a benefit marking the 20th anniversary of the Stanley R. Tippett Hospice Home Friday, Sept. […]
- Grand Opening for New Cancer Center and Surgical Pavilion August 26, 2014A public grand-opening celebration for the new Beth Israel Deaconess Cancer Center and Surgical Pavilion will take place at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham on Sept. […]
- Painting your house an unusual color August 30, 2014
- Holiday Hours: Labor Day September 2, 2014Labor Day is being celebrated Monday, Sept. 1. Memorial Day was established as a federal holiday in 1971 by Congress and is held on the first Monday of September. […]
- Weston Resident Named to Catholic Schools Foundation Board August 26, 2014Weston resident Natalie Sanders, a private investor and active supporter of education for more than 30 years, has been named to the board of trustees for the Catholic Schools Foundation . […]
- A very special edition of WellesleyWeston Magazine August 25, 2014I've got a piece in the fall issue of WellesleyWeston Magazine about the mobile app developers of Wellesley and Weston. […]
- Holiday Hours: Labor Day September 2, 2014