When it comes to searching for a home, there are a lot of factors that you have to consider. This is especially the case if you are shopping for condos, as you will be sharing a lot of common space with your neighbors as well. The first thing to look into is the overall interactivity that goes on within the block of condos you are considering to make your home. In most cases, it is always better to find a condo that has an interactive community, because this in turn means that you never have to worry that someone might not be doing their part in keeping the block of properties maintained and in good condition.
One thing to be careful of is that some communities do not allow pets, and so if you are looking for a condo for you and your pets, then you need to make sure that the community has no problem with this. In the end, you have to find a condo that is able to be comfortable to live in, and where there is the least amount of stress. While it can be very beneficial to live in a community, it can at times be stressful if you are not one to go by strenuous rules. For some people, the idea of owning a home means that they have the freedom of choice to do what they want in their property.
One of the most important things to look into when buying a condo is the condo fees. What are they and what will they be down the road? Are they set condo fees, or could they become too costly to pay down the road? Some condos fees go up to the point that makes the great price you got on the condo not look so great because of what you are paying in taxes and condo fees. One of pluses of a condo is no maintenance and a lot of people really like that especially in your later years when you don’t want to mow the lawn or shovel the sidewalks. A condo is a great option for many buyers and you can generally get into a condo for a fair price.
If you are a buyer or a seller in a real estate transaction and represented by an agent, that agent owes you fiduciary duties or loyalty. Often times agency is contracted (also known as express agency) but other times it can be implied. In any case, there is an acronym to remember those duties: OLD CAR.
The agent must obey their client’s instructions. As long as their instructions are not illegal and are in accordance with the contract.
The agent must be loyal to their client and keep their best interests ahead of those of any other party. Commission, how it is disbursed, competing offer situations, and anything having to do with the sale must be disclosed.
Disclosure laws in many states require a real estate agent, whether in an “agency” capacity or not, to disclose material facts to their client. Material facts are those that, if known by the buyer or seller, might cause them to change their purchase or sale actions.
Confidentiality means that the agent does not disclose anything about you as the client (your business, financial or personal affairs or motivations) unless expressly directed by the client. This duty survives closing and lasts forever. Only a court instruction to disclose can relieve the agent of this duty.
The agent is to promptly report to the principal all money and property received and paid out. Accounting for all documents and funds in the transaction is a fiduciary duty.
The agent is required to have a certain level of knowledge and protect the principal from foreseeable risks of harm. If it’s not something the agent is expected to know, they should recommend that the principal obtain expert advice or assistance when the principal’s needs are outside the scope of the agent’s expertise.
Wellesley MA Real EstateWellesley, MA - $595,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/12 hours agoWellesley, MA - $2,100,000 - Condo - Mid-Rise - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/12 hours agoWellesley, MA - $1,269,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/13 hours agoWellesley, MA - $795,000 - Condo - Low-Rise - Rooms:7 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/13 hours agoWellesley, MA - $1,795,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:4 - Baths:4/14 hours ago
Needham MA Real EstateNeedham, MA - $1,599,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:13 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/12 hours agoNeedham, MA - $769,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/22 hours agoNeedham, MA - $200 - Commercial - Year Built:9999 - Acres:06 hours agoNeedham, MA - $1,349,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/17 hours agoNeedham, MA - $1,449,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:6 - Baths:5/19 hours ago
Weston MA Real EstateWeston, MA - $3,750,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:13 - Beds:6 - Baths:4/23 hours agoWeston, MA - $1,550,000 - Land - Acres:2.583 hours agoWeston, MA - $1,550,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:2/13 hours agoWeston, MA - $1,499,900 - Single-Family - Colonial, Contemporary - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:4/19 hours agoWeston, MA - $699,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:4/210 hours ago
- Fall Exhibitions and Programs at the Davis Museum at Wellesley College September 2, 2014The Davis Museum at Wellesley College presents six new exhibitions this fall. New View: 2014 Faculty Exhibition; Feast Your Eyes; Sigalit Landau: DeadSee and Michael Craig-Martin: Art&Design will be on view Sept. […]
- 3 colleges say they're owed $17m in tax credits September 2, 2014A trio of colleges and universities is suing the Massachusetts Department of Revenue, claiming the state agency unfairly denied them millions of dollars in tax credits for environmental cleanup work done on contaminated properties. […]
- Wellesley Fuller Brook Park work gets serious August 30, 2014Wellesley has announced that the section of Fuller Brook Park between Forest Street and Paine Street will be closed from Sept. […]
- Fall Exhibitions and Programs at the Davis Museum at Wellesley College September 2, 2014
- Painting your house an unusual color August 30, 2014Certain bold homeowners don't cringe when they look at the rows and rows of paint chips at the hardware store. […]
- Westborough Businessman helping organize benefit for hospice August 30, 2014A Westborough businessman is part of the group behind a benefit marking the 20th anniversary of the Stanley R. Tippett Hospice Home Friday, Sept. […]
- Grand Opening for New Cancer Center and Surgical Pavilion August 26, 2014A public grand-opening celebration for the new Beth Israel Deaconess Cancer Center and Surgical Pavilion will take place at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham on Sept. […]
- Painting your house an unusual color August 30, 2014
- Holiday Hours: Labor Day September 2, 2014Labor Day is being celebrated Monday, Sept. 1. Memorial Day was established as a federal holiday in 1971 by Congress and is held on the first Monday of September. […]
- Weston Resident Named to Catholic Schools Foundation Board August 26, 2014Weston resident Natalie Sanders, a private investor and active supporter of education for more than 30 years, has been named to the board of trustees for the Catholic Schools Foundation . […]
- A very special edition of WellesleyWeston Magazine August 25, 2014I've got a piece in the fall issue of WellesleyWeston Magazine about the mobile app developers of Wellesley and Weston. […]
- Holiday Hours: Labor Day September 2, 2014