Here is a recipe for a homemade rug cleaner that works great and is safe for your family:
1/4 teaspoon dishwashing liquid
1 cup lukewarm water
1. Combine the dishwashing liquid and water.
2. Use a spray bottle to apply the solution over a large area, or use the solution to spot-clean nongreasy stains.
Don’t use substitute laundry detergent or dishwasher detergent in place of dishwashing liquid, as they may contain additives that can affect the rug’s color.
With the tax deadline come and gone it is important to know that not paying your taxes can have significant repercussions. Tax laws and even worse the fallout from not paying your taxes can be a complicated mess. You could get stuck with a tax lien, if this happens to you here are tips on what can you do to remove a tax lien?
First, what is a tax lien? It is a legal way for the IRS to get an individual to pay tax debt. Liens can be placed on personal or real property when you fail to pay taxes within a given period of time. The lien is usually filed at a local County Clerk’s office and is a public document. It can also be filed with the Secretary of State.
Through the lien the IRS gains legal claim on property until the lienor can pay the tax that is owed. Tax liens are not only inconvenient but they can also affect your credit rating. The sale of any personal property will also be difficult or even impossible.
Your top priority should be to remove a tax lien as soon as possible. Here is what you need to know:
1. You have 30 days to respond to a tax lien after receiving a “Final Notice of Intent to Levy”.
2. Tax liens can expire but this may not be the best option. For tax liens more recent than November 6, 1990, the tax lien becomes unenforceable after 10 years. For all liens prior to November 6, 1990, the tax lien becomes unenforceable after six years.
3. A tax lien can show on your credit report forever. Even if it expires the lien will remain on your credit report, whether the IRS acts upon it or not.
4. Pay the tax that is owed. If you choose this option, your tax lien should be removed within 30 days. It can be removed from your credit report as well.
5. Prove a financial hardship. If you can prove to the IRS that levying money in your bank account will cause more harm than good and that it may cause you to never be able to pay them what you owe them.
6. Your best option is to consult with a tax professional to help you create a realistic tax payback plan or correspondence with the IRS.
Wellesley MA Real Estate
Needham MA Real EstateNeedham, MA - $850,000 - Commercial - Year Built:2009 - Acres:0.1111 hours agoNeedham, MA - $1,349,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:5 - Baths:5/1Needham, MA - $205,000 - Condo - Garden - Rooms:4 - Beds:1 - Baths:1Needham, MA - $1,600 - Commercial - Year Built:2013 - Acres:0
Weston MA Real Estate
- Miller Convertible Fund Capital Gains Estimates December 10, 2013The table also lists the share class, record date , ex-date and payable date. The information is sent to you for information purposes only and is an estimate of the rates and sources of the December capital gain distribution. […]
- Town Meeting Reps Tackle Liquor License Requests, Dunkin' Donuts Land Deal and More December 10, 2013Wellesley Town Meeting Representatives have a decent shot at finishing up their two special Town Meetings on Tuesday night after a first evening on Monday that did not see much controversy. […]
- LINX Donates Uniquely Decorated Christmas Trees to be Raffled Off in Festival of Trees Fundraiser December 10, 2013December 9, 2013 - For a fourth year, LINX, Wellesley's leading enrichment club for children and teens, has donated two uniquely decorated Christmas trees, to be raffled off during the Massachusetts Horticultural Society's 5th annual Festival of Trees. […]
- Miller Convertible Fund Capital Gains Estimates December 10, 2013
- Partners Healthcare To Move Charlestown Jobs to Somerville But Not Just Now December 9, 2013When Partners Healthcare announced Thursday, Dec. 5, a plan to consolidate their entire administrative operation in a single site, it appeared workers at the health care's Schrafft Center operation would be packing up their holiday decorations for a long trip to their new "home." […]
- Medical Marijuana Zoning to be Discussed at Tuesday's Board of Selectmen Meeting December 9, 2013Monday: There is an 80 percent chance of sleet with rain, freezing rain and snow. […]
- Block-by-Block Needham: Local Campaigns, Cyber Monday Numbers and Shipping Deadlines December 8, 2013The maps below show part of what Needham looks like, by the numbers and by the block. […]
- Partners Healthcare To Move Charlestown Jobs to Somerville But Not Just Now December 9, 2013
- Public Meeting to be Held Regarding Rosemary Pool Study December 5, 2013The Needham Park and Recreation Commission is hosting a public meeting on the Rosemary Pool study Monday, Dec. 9 at 7 p.m. The Needham Park and Recreation Commission and the Permanent Public Building Committee have been working on this study of the pool and surrounding property to see how the area could be better. […]
- Hollis Police seek help IDing woman suspected in check fraud December 5, 2013Police in several communities, including Hollis and Nashua, are looking for help identifying this woman, who allegedly cashed several checks illegally netting thousands of dollars. […]
- Thanksgiving Workout Raises $4,000 for Two Moms Battling Breast Cancer December 3, 2013Almost 90 people, raised more than $4,000 to help the families of Caryn Grozalsky and Jessica Ward, two MetroWest moms battling breast cancer, said Kristen Houlker of MetroWest Bootcamp in Framingham. […]
- Public Meeting to be Held Regarding Rosemary Pool Study December 5, 2013