Here is a list of germ-laden places all around your home:
Even the kitchen sink is germ laden. Think about all the food and dirt that goes down the drain. Believe it or not kitchen sinks are actually germier than toilet seats. The best way to keep your kitchen sink germ free is to use a bleach-based cleaner. You can also scrub your sink with a mild soap. White vinegar can be used to sanitize the sink and remove any stubborn stains or spots.
Not far from your kitchen sink is the kitchen sponge. Sponges are used to wipe up spills and messes and make a perfect breeding ground for bacteria and germs. Make sure to disinfect your sponge by tossing it in the dishwasher, or microwave a wet sponge for 1-2 minutes.
This may give you the creepy crawlies but all the germs you come in contact with all day long end up in your bed. Your bed sheets are covered in sweat, skin, and bacteria from your body. Wash your sheets about once a week in warm or hot water with a regular detergent.
Wall-to-wall carpet can be a trap for millions of germs and allergens. Wall-to-wall carpets are full of pet dander, germs from dirty shoes, and mold. The best way to clean Wall-to-wall carpeting is to use a vacuum with a HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) filter.
Feng Shui is an ancient art and science developed over 3000 years ago in China. It is a complex body of knowledge that reveals how to balance the energies of any given space to promise the health and good fortune of the people living there.
The basic principles of Feng Shui is the principle of five elements, which are Wood, Fire Earth, Metal and Water. These are the basic building blocks of nature and environment in Feng Shui. The five elements theory is one of the main theories in Feng Shui. You can bring life changing results in to your home by knowing how to apply these Feng Shui elements to your home.
The best way to begin to make your home a Feng Shui home is to clean out the clutter. This is a good way to clear out some negative energy. Another important Feng Shui aspect is to have good quality air and quality light. This is to help the energy in your home, this can be done by opening the windows often and have lots of air purifying plants. Then you need to define your Baqua, the Feng Shui energy map of your home. There are 8 areas and you will need a compass to do a reading in your home .Each area of your home is connected to different life area. For example the southeast area of your house is connected to the flow of money and energy in your house.
If you are looking to increase prosperity to your home you need to increase wood and water in the southeast area of your home. You need to use the element wood and the colors green and brown to bring about abundance in this life area. The east is connected to family and health and the use of the wood element and lush plants will help bring about health.
It is also in to important to bring in the five elements of Feng Shui into your home to create balance and energy in all areas of your home. It is best to express Feng Shiu elements in a subtle way that is visually pleasing and will go well with your home.
Wellesley MA Real EstateWellesley, MA - $3,495,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:12 - Beds:5 - Baths:8/24 hours agoWellesley, MA - $3,900,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:13 - Beds:6 - Baths:3/27 hours agoWellesley, MA - $3,700 - Rentals - - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/17 hours agoWellesley, MA - $499,000 - Land - Acres:0.268 hours agoWellesley, MA - $499,000 - Single-Family - Ranch, Bungalow - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/18 hours ago
Needham MA Real EstateNeedham, MA - $1,219,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/18 hours agoNeedham, MA - $739,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/19 hours agoNeedham, MA - $2,250 - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/19 hours agoNeedham, MA - $7,000 - Rentals - - Rooms:15 - Beds:5 - Baths:5/110 hours agoNeedham, MA - $729,000 - Land - Acres:0.4510 hours ago
Weston MA Real EstateWeston, MA - $3,500 - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:4 - Baths:24 hours agoWeston, MA - $1,499,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:35 hours agoWeston, MA - $5,900 - Rentals - - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:48 hours agoWeston, MA - $2,695,000 - Single-Family - Colonial, Antique - Rooms:15 - Beds:5 - Baths:5/19 hours agoWeston, MA - $925,000 - Multi-Family - Units:2 - Levels:2 - Parking Spaces:212 hours ago
- Karyn Polito visits Waterstone at Wellesley September 15, 2014"We owe it to our parents and grandparents to make sure that our communities are strong and to have policies in place to provide a safety net for their later years," said Karyn. […]
- Wellesley gets protective of its frogs September 14, 2014We're not exactly where in Wellesley this photo was taken, but a reader passed it along . The reader assured the photographer's brother that Wellesley has a very strong frog protection agenda and noted that there's talk of Wellesley College selling 40-some-odd acres to a Frog Conservancy. […]
- Nightmares And Darkness Follow Marine Home From Iraq War September 13, 2014Kevin and Joyce Lucey remembered their son, Jeff, in an interview with StoryCorps in Wellesley, Mass. Jeff, a U.S. Marine, took his own life months after returning from a deployment in Iraq. […]
- Karyn Polito visits Waterstone at Wellesley September 15, 2014
- BBK Worldwide Raises Growth Capital September 15, 2014Fueled by industry demand for the company's expertise in complex clinical trials and studies of rare diseases, BBK Worldwide , the flagship company of BBK Holdings, LLC, has secured more than $3 million in financing. The investment was led by a private investor with additional support from the company's Founding Principals, Joan F. Bachenheimer and […]
- Needham Property Tax Bill Among Top 30 Highest in State, Says Report September 12, 2014Weston ranked at the top in the comparison, with a $17,832 average annual property tax bill for homeowners. Duxbury has seen the biggest increase. […]
- 'Potential human remains of baby,' reportedly found in... September 12, 2014Investigators were working at the scene of a home at 23 St. Paul St. that they called a potential crime scene. According to WCVB-TV, NewsCenter5 in Needham , crews were having to use special gear because the home in infested with vermin. […]
- BBK Worldwide Raises Growth Capital September 15, 2014
- Wayland Property Tax Bill Tenth Highest in State, Says Report September 12, 2014Weston ranked at the top in the comparison, with a $17,832 average annual property tax bill for homeowners. Duxbury has seen the biggest increase. […]
- The cities and towns with biggest property tax bills in Massachusetts September 11, 2014Home prices are generally the leading indicator when it comes to a community's affordability. What few take into account, at least when it comes to comparing and contrasting the total cost of living in a given town or city, is what you can expect to pay in property taxes, both in the immediate sense as well as in the years ahead. […]
- Holiday Hours: Labor Day September 2, 2014Labor Day is being celebrated Monday, Sept. 1. Memorial Day was established as a federal holiday in 1971 by Congress and is held on the first Monday of September. […]
- Wayland Property Tax Bill Tenth Highest in State, Says Report September 12, 2014